Uniwersytet Jagielloński w Krakowie - Central Authentication SystemYou are not logged in | log in

Support and insurance

Financial support for students


If you are a EU / EFTA citizen, and you have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you are entitled to receive free health care services. Please be sure to show your card upon your visit at the doctor’s office.

If you don’t have the EHIC, or are from outside of EU / EFTA, you should either purchase health insurance before arrival, or enrol in the Polish National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia). When you purchase the NFZ insurance, you become eligible for health care services in Poland.

Holders of Polish Charter can be insured free of charge in the NFZ by the University.

For advice about health care during your studies, please contact International Students Office.

Facilities for special needs students

The Disability Support Service deals with the needs of people with disabilities, equalizing opportunities and adapting the educational process.